The major US indices are trading mixed in early trading with the Dow industrial average trading above and below unchanged. The S&P and NASDAQ index are holding onto modest gains. All 3 indices have risen for 2 consecutive days.
A snapshot of the market 9 minutes into the open is showing:
- Dow industrial average -7 points or -0.02% at 32522.64
- S&P index up 14.96 points or 0.37% at 4087.38
- NASDAQ index up 59.7 points or 0.49% 12222.29
- Russell 2000 down 6.85 points or -0.37% 1866.16
Shares of Amazon are trading up $12.54 or +10.3% at $134.87 after better-than-expected data. Apple shares are up $4.50 or 2.85% $161.95 after they pleased investors after their earnings. Intel shares a down -$4.23 or -10.7% at $35.45 as a disappointed on the top and bottom lines once again.
Roku shares getting hammered by 26.62% or $-22.69 at $60.48 after disappointing earnings.
Other companies that released
- Exxon Mobil is up $2.53 or 2.73% after beating on the top and bottom lines
- Chevron is up $8.27 are up 5.5% after it to beat analysts expectations
- Procter & Gamble is down $6.83 or -4.62% on disappointment